Monday, January 4, 2010

harte hearts

twaine harte, CA
twaine harte, CA
twaine harte, CA
twaine harte, CA
twaine harte, CA

it's a new year and I've made the list of everything I SHOULD accomplish this year. Both what should be gained; and what should be lost and gone forever...but this is not one of those things. I was watching old home movies with my mother and we found ten of the place my family used to go camping in california where I grew up. The ever so lovely twaine harte. With the darling cabins, soul squashing lake and southern engineered miniature golf...it was a dream come true. And now I find my heart is writing a check my brain can't cash. I want some mountains back. la la la la la life. ain't it the truth.

also post script: I had a dream last night that I was riding on the back of a lumber truck with some of my closest friends who happened to represent the united nations somehow; and the sun was extremely bright and we were on a highway at the foot of some really tall beautiful foothills covered in flowers. There was an aboriginal african man chasing a GIANT furry mongoose up the hill trying to capture it and kill it; every now and then it would close up on his grimacing face in the sunlight. It was the eeriest yet most beautiful dream I've had in awhile. And probably the notion for what's to come of my new year.

1 comment:

  1. such a beautiful view! really looks amazing =)

    http://www.raita2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete